Saturday, February 5, 2011

Happy Chinese New Year!!



That's right, we're making jiaozi (dumplings)!! Chinese New Year wouldn't be the same without at least one round of jiaozi making! It's something the girls can all help with and they do enjoy helping any time they can!



This time around, we decided to make some carrot jiaozi and radish jiaozi. I know, it probably doesn't sound all that good to you, but I can assure you it is quite good. I also once felt the same way until I tried it myself. I have to say, I'm rather partial to the radish one with a little spicy flavor. The girls all seemed to enjoy them too as they ate quite a bit. Jiaozi is one of their favorite dishes.



Elizabeth decided she wanted to have a try at rolling out the jiaozi wraps. However, she couldn't seem to make them round enough so she gave it up. It is hard to wrap them if they aren't round:)



Serena always enjoys making jiaozi and is pretty good at it too.



Hannah is careful to get just the right amount in her's before wrapping it up. Better keep trying Hannah as that is clearly way too much for that wrap!

No comments:

Post a Comment