Friday, January 15, 2010

Hannah's Practice Glasses


This week Hannah's vision was tested by an eye doctor visiting from the states. We'd previously noticed issues with her eyes such as excessive blinking, occasionally crossing her eyes, and even seeing her close them for short periods of time like they hurt or bothered her. It was no surprise that they determined that she did indeed need glasses as she is far sighted. Currently she is practicing wearing sunglasses for short periods to get her used to the real thing. When she first came, she would rip your glasses right off your head in a split second without even time to react! Although she is much better now at resisting that temptation, it does still happen on occasion. We felt it best to do a little practice for a while! She seems to enjoy wearing her sunglasses and hope that she'll do okay with the real ones once we get them. I'm recommending very, very sturdy ones!!

She also saw a speech therapist who determined she needs some work in that area as well. No surprise to us in that area either! It was quite helpful to know exactly what areas of speech she needed help in and we have already begun to work on those.

1 comment:

  1. Hannah you don't know me yet, but I'm your Aunt Theresa. I am so happy to have you as a part of our family! I wear glasses too and although I don't always like them I must wear them because they help me see better. So be patient and you will see how much they will help you and in no time you will love them.

    ReplyDelete