Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Just the Sweetest Thing!

Though I don't get sick often, I happened to be sick over the weekend. Guess I had a flu bug and woke up feelin' pretty poorly. If I wasn't in bed, I was snoozing on the couch.

Jenna did the sweetest thing--oh how I wish I'd had a picture of it!! Knowing I was feeling bad lying there on the couch, she wanted to help but didn't know what to do I imagine. After hearing a noise, I opened my eyes to see she'd fetched a short stool and sat down directly in front of me and just looked at me. She took me by the hand and just sat there.

I wish I knew what was going through her mind, one can only imagine, but I know she was feeling helpless at the sight of me lying on the couch and feeling bad. Such compassion she had on her face--it was soooo sweet!! It's something I can never forget. Though she didn't know what to do, she did the only thing she could think of--sat next to me and held my hand.

Though I didn't want her to catch what I had, I allowed her to sit just a few minutes and then sent her off to play. She'd come back from time to time just to look in on me.

Such a beautiful thing she did for me--what a beautiful heart of compassion she has! She will surely be missed by us when her forever family comes for her. What a blessing she will be to them and I'm sure they to her!! Aren't families wonderful?!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment