Saturday, September 11, 2010

Art Project

























































On Fridays, I try to make the girls' school work load a little lighter so they can do some art and other fun projects that are also disguised as learning. This week has been particularly busy and when Shawna asked if they were having art class that afternoon, I told her I didn't have time to put together a project. She's a bit older now and since she often gets her school work done ahead of the others, I asked her to get an art project together that all the girls could do. I was quite proud of her when she came up with this idea of making dolls out of the basic shapes of circles, squares, rectangles and triangles. Not only that, it was also a lesson on fine motor as they used their cutting skills plus learning their colors. All of these areas most of the girls need work on. It's always better if you can combine it as a fun learning tool. Great job Shawna!!

3 comments: